Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And Still..

..no real answers.

Well, I had my appointment this morning and was hoping to have more answers... but.. my biopsy reports have yet to be sent to Dr. L (I don't know who was more angry, me or him, ha ha). I do know the biopsys were sent to Stanford Med. Center, according to Dr. L, either the local lab couldn't figure out what the problem is, or needed a second opinion or knows Dr. L enough that he would ask for it to be sent, ha ha. He is also going to look at my echocardiogram again to make sure all is okay with my heart and the blood moving from the lungs to the heart and vise-versa.

There was good news with my last CT scan.. compared to the first one I had in July, the inflammation is not as bad (about 10% less). It still shows scarring, mainly in both lower lobes, but more in the right lung. My oxygen level is still not good.. today on 6 liters and sitting, it was only at 90%. So we have to wait and see if the biopsys show inflammation the CT didn't show and if/what kind of treatment will be needed.

I have another sleep study next Wednesday (12/10) to set me up with a CPap machine for when I sleep. I don't have sleep apnea, or a very mild case, but my oxygen does drop at night and Dr. L is hoping, with the forced air at night, it might help my oxygen levels during the day by opening my lungs more. And I see Dr. L again on 1/9 (if not before).

So far what we know.. I have some form of interstitial lung disease and/or possibly a problem with my heart/lungs transporting oxygenated blood. My pulmonary function is at about 63% (as of August). My aretial blood gas was at 59..a good level is at 75 (also in August).

No comments: