Friday, December 19, 2008

Autoimmune Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis..

with fibrosis is my diagnosis... finally. The biopsy also showed blood clots in my lungs that the CT scans missed (at least we now know why the blood work was showing a possiblity of blood clots...). I am waiting for Dr. L to review the VQ scan and see what the course of action will be (most likely I will be put on blood thinners and possible steriods). The cause of my HP is still unknown. I tested negitive to all mold and fungus, and besides that, we are not sure what it is.

I heard from Dr. L last week about this, sorry I am late updating, but I had to let it sink in. It's not idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis which is a big weight lifted off my shoulders. Now just to find the cause.

I am getting a CPap machine soon. The oxygen company called yesterday to get some information and are getting ready to ship it to the Reno office. Merrry Christmas to me.. blah. No, I don't have sleep apnea, but Dr. L is hoping by forcing my lung open at night, it may help my oxygen levels during the day.

No comments: